6.3 POGO’s Roles
Download Word version
Download PDF version
Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario (POGO) works to ensure that everyone affected by childhood cancer has access to the best care and support. We partner to achieve an excellent childhood cancer care system for children, youth, their families, survivors and healthcare teams in Ontario and beyond. POGO champions childhood cancer care, and as the collective voice of this community, is the official advisor to Ontario’s Ministry of Health (MOH) on children’s cancer control and treatment. POGO is a non-profit organization with charitable status, here for kids with cancer, for now, for life.
POGO’s roles in the POGO Satellite Program include:
- Collaborating with specialized childhood cancer programs and POGO Satellite Clinics in the ongoing development of existing sites and new sites, as necessary;
- Ensuring that the POGO Satellite Program is appropriately evaluated;
- Facilitating and financially supporting the educational outreach of specialized childhood cancer programs and POGO Satellite Clinics;
- Ensuring the flow of funds to specialized childhood cancer programs and POGO Satellite Clinics, and the due reporting of expenditures and implementation;
- Providing an annual report of program activity and an accounting of funds to the MOH and advocating with the MOH on behalf of the POGO Satellite Program, as appropriate; and
- Facilitating regular and timely update of POGO Satellite Program standards and guidance documents through collaboration with partners.
Disclaimer: Source Accuracy
You are welcome to download and save a local copy of this document in the Word and/or PDF formats provided. As the POGO Satellite Manual is subject to ongoing revisions and updates by POGO, we recommend you regularly check the online version posted at https://www.pogo.ca/satellite-manual/ to ensure you have the most up-to-date content. In the event of any inconsistency between the content of a local copy and the online version of the POGO Satellite Manual, the content of the online version shall be considered correct. Please see also the POGO Satellite Manual Disclaimer.
Record of Updates
|Version Number||Date of Effect||Summary of Revisions|
|1||7/2/2021||Original version posted.|