September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (CCAM) and in Ontario and beyond, many are finding different ways to raise awareness of the achievements made and challenges that remain in caring for children and youth with cancer, survivors and their families. But, as we all know, being aware of the issues does not start and stop in September. Every day, POGO works with our partners – hospitals, families, survivors, donors, government, nonprofits and others – to champion childhood cancer care. Explore our website to learn more about POGO’s work, including these pages:
- Learn more about our education events to keep healthcare professionals at the forefront of the field of pediatric oncology.
- Review our evidence-based clinical practice guidelines that optimize supportive care for children with cancer.
- Watch and share some compelling videos of families’ experience with childhood cancer.
- Participate in an event that benefits POGO.
- Join our online community!
Hear more from James Scongack, POGO Board Chair
Help spread the word
- Share our posts! Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram @POGO4kids.
- Use the social media icons on every webpage (top right) to share our work.
- Share what you’re doing to champion Childhood Cancer Awareness Month using the hashtag #championccam.