Our Commitment to Putting Equity at the Heart of Everything We Do
At the heart of POGO’s mission is our commitment to work in collaboration across Ontario and beyond to ensure everyone affected by childhood cancer has access to the best care and support. We believe diverse perspectives strengthen our ability to deliver on this mission, and that to achieve our vision of excellence requires an environment in which everyone feels welcomed and valued, including our team, and those we serve and with whom we work.
We are taking action to:
- Have our organization reflect the diverse community we serve
- Empower people from all backgrounds to do their best work in support of our mission
- Reduce barriers to our programs and services
- Be a positive voice to address inequities in the broader childhood cancer system
- Educate ourselves on issues of systemic racism, diversity, equity and inclusion to help us be positive agents of change