3.5 Chemotherapy Administration Reference List
Download Word version
Download PDF version
See also Sub-Section 3.1 Safe Handling, Administration and Disposal of Chemotherapy Agents and Sub-Section 3.3 Extravasation Management.
A subcommittee of the Satellite Manual review panel, including nurses from all of the specialized childhood cancer programs and POGO Satellite Clinics, was asked to identify the best references for the administration of chemotherapy to the pediatric population.
The following is a list of references identified and links provided where possible:
- Polovich, M, Olson, M, & LeFebre, K B. (2014) Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Guidelines and Recommendations for Practice (4th Ed.). ONS – Oncology Nursing Society. Pittsburgh PA.
- The Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses (APHON) – Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines. https://aphon.org/education/evidence-based-practice
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) – Fundamentals of Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Administration. https://www.ons.org/courses/fundamentals-chemotherapy-immunotherapy-administration
- Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) – Health and Safety: Chemical and Radiation Hazards. https://www.ona.org/member-services/health-safety/chemical-and-radiation-hazards/
- British Columbia (BC) Cancer Agency – Chemotherapy Protocols. http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/health-professionals/clinical-resources/chemotherapy-protocols
Primary authors Ms. Kirsty Morelli, Scarborough Health Network, Centenary Hospital, Scarborough, and Ms. Anne McArthur, Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital, Orillia. References reviewed by Ms. Christina McCauley, Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario/The Hospital for Sick Children, February 2020.
Disclaimer: Source Accuracy
You are welcome to download and save a local copy of this document in the Word and/or PDF formats provided. As the POGO Satellite Manual is subject to ongoing revisions and updates by POGO, we recommend you regularly check the online version posted at https://www.pogo.ca/satellite-manual/ to ensure you have the most up-to-date content. In the event of any inconsistency between the content of a local copy and the online version of the POGO Satellite Manual, the content of the online version shall be considered correct. Please see also the POGO Satellite Manual Disclaimer.
Record of Updates
|Version Number||Date of Effect||Summary of Revisions|
|1||7/13/2021||Original version posted.|