3.5 Chemotherapy Administration Reference List
A subcommittee of the Guidelines review panel, including nurses from all of the tertiary and satellite hospitals was asked to identify the best references for the administration of chemotherapy to the pediatric population.
The following is a list of references identified and links provided where possible.
- Polovich, M, Olson, M, & LeFebre, K B. (2014) Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Guidelines and Recommendations for Practice (4th Ed.). ONS – Oncology Nursing Society. Pittsburgh PA.
- The Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses (APHON) – Evidence-Based Practice https://aphon.org/education/evidence-based-practice
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) – Fundamentals of Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Administration https://www.ons.org/courses/fundamentals-chemotherapy-immunotherapy-administration
- Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) – Chemical and Radiation Hazards https://www.ona.org/member-services/health-safety/chemical-and-radiation-hazards/
- British Columbia (BC) Cancer Agency – Chemotherapy Protocols http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/health-info/types-of-cancer/childhood-cancer
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – Chemical and Radiation Hazards https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthcarefacilities/otherhazards.html
Primary authors Ms. Kirsty Morelli, Scarborough and Rouge Hospital, Scarborough, and Ms. Anne McArthur, Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital, Orillia. Reviewed by POGO Satellite Manual Review Nursing Group, 2016 and the POGO Satellite Manual Review Pharmacy Working Group, 2016.