POGO continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation to keep our teams healthy and informed, and to ensure continuity of our work on behalf of children with cancer, their families, survivors and the childhood cancer care system. Healthcare teams working in our partner hospitals and within POGO Satellite Clinics, POGO AfterCare Clinics and in the POGO Interlink Program continue to follow the guidelines of their respective institutions, keeping POGO updated about any modifications to their practice. Families registered in the POGO Financial Assistance Program should continue to submit their claims as usual. While the precautionary measures being made at this time may not be convenient, we appreciate everyone’s continued patience, understanding and cooperation.
For the latest COVID-19 information:
– Toronto Public Health
– Ministry of Health – Ontario
– Public Health Agency of Canada
POGO Office Staff Working Remotely
In line with the advice of public health authorities in response to COVID-19, and to ensure a safe and secure environment for POGO staff, clients and partners, all POGO staff continue to work remotely and POGO’s office at 480 University Avenue remains closed until further notice. During this time, POGO staff can be reached by email. Please refer to the POGO Staff List.
POGO School and Work Transitions Program Continues to Operate
POGO Counsellors are dedicated to supporting their clients through this challenging time and The POGO School and Work Transitions Program is continuing to operate with some modifications. POGO Counsellors are available by phone, Zoom or email as follows:
- In most cases, POGO Counsellors will not be travelling to their offices so will not have immediate access to all of their resources. This may mean a delay in getting information to you.
- Counsellors and clients can only meet in person in accordance with regional public health safety measures.
- In keeping with hospital directives, POGO Counsellors may not be in attendance at POGO AfterCare Clinics. We ask that you please be patient when awaiting a response following a clinic visit and know that your POGO Counsellor will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Our Survivor to Survivor (S2S) Network Workshops will all be delivered virtually starting in June 2021.
Education Events are Now Virtual
We are excited to be in the midst of planning our 2021 roster of professional development opportunities after postponing our in-person events last year. Multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals can look forward to our 2021 roster of events which will be available in either virtual or hybrid formats.
The need to raise funds in support of our programs and services is no less great during this challenging time. As always, it is possible to make a secure, online donation to Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario at this link. Thank you for your consideration.
Click here for more COVID-19 information.