Workshop dates and times coming soon!
Coping with Cognitive Effective of Childhood Cancer Treatment
Presented by: Anuraj P.
- Looking at day-to-day challenges and how this impacts school and work.
- Strategies to manage cognitive impact(s).
- Identifying and connecting with sources of support.
Is College Your Path? How to get on it and What to Expect
Presented by: Emelia G.
- Pathways to college, academic upgrading, bridging programs and credit transfer.
- Accommodations/accessibility services at school.
- College programs for people with disabilities.
- Paying for college and options for living arrangement.
Meditation and Mindfulness to Influence Behaviour
Presented by: Harman D.
- Discovering the mind/body connection.
- Understanding and bringing awareness to feelings
- Being mindful of how we talk to ourselves.
- How to start meditating.
Will They Understand? The Personal Disclosure Dilemma at School and Work
Presented by: Sara M.
- When, how much, and what to disclose: the pros and cons of disclosure.
- Who to consider for support and information.
- Your legal rights.
- Disclosure as a part of independence and self-advocacy.
Meet Our 2021 Team
Diagnosis: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Age at Diagnosis: 16 years old
What do I want to bring to the S2S Community? I want to be able to help survivors progress to the next stages of their life and overcome any barriers associated with pediatric cancer.
Age at Diagnosis: 4 years old
What do I want to bring to the S2S Community? I want to share my experience of being a brain tumour survivor and making a successful transition from high school to College with the help of POGO.
Age at Diagnosis: 15 years old
What do I want to bring to the S2S Community? Awareness to subjects that may be difficult to discuss. Change, growth, and empowerment stem from education.
Diagnosis: Low-grade Glioma
Age at Diagnosis: 2 years old
What do I want to bring to the S2S Community? I believe that anyone who is provided an opportunity to grow can overcome any illness and pain that they experience.
Diagnosis: Craniopharyngioma (benign brain tumour)
Age at Diagnosis: 11 years old
What do I want to bring to the S2S Community? Any help I can provide from my previous experiences.
About the S2S Network
POGO is committed to supporting childhood cancer survivors and brain tumour survivors beyond diagnosis and treatment. We also recognize survivors as the experts in their journey. Designed for survivors aged 16 and over, our Survivor to Survivor (S2S) Network is a special series of interactive workshops where survivor facilitators present helpful information, lead discussions and share personal experiences about a variety of survivorship topics.
- Learn: Discover resources and tools to help you achieve your personal, educational and career goals
- Connect: Meet fellow childhood cancer survivors and brain tumour survivors
- Empower: Educate each other as the experts in your personal survivorship journeys!
We encourage you to register for one of the workshops in your area or contact us for more information. You may also wish to check out these inspiring video testimonials in which our 2018 S2S Network team members talk about their personal experiences and discuss the value of the S2S Network for survivors. Please sign up for The POGO School and Work Transitions Program eNews and follow POGO on our social media @POGO4Kids for announcements about new, upcoming workshops!