POGO’s Provincial Pediatric Oncology AfterCare Program provides systematic follow-up for childhood cancer survivors – helping survivors stay healthier.
POGO AfterCare Clinics promote health and health education, and monitor survivors regularly for long-term effects from cancer treatment, identifying these effects as early as possible. Ultimately, the clinics contribute to advances in cancer care; if a particular form of treatment is found to cause a certain long-term effect in cancer survivors, current treatment practices can be modified to improve long-term outcomes of future survivors.
POGO AfterCare Clinics are located across Ontario in the following locations:
- CHEO, Ottawa (613-737-7600 ext. 3102)
- The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, Ottawa (613-737-7700 ext. 70294 (Option 5))
- Kingston Health Sciences Centre, Kingston General Hospital Site, Kingston
- Children’s AfterCare (613-549-6666 ext. 6625)
- Adult AfterCare (613-549-6666 ext. 3832)
- Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto
- Adult AfterCare (416-946-4501 ext. 2121)
- Adult CNS AfterCare (416-946-4501 ext. 5050)
- The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto (416-813-8321)
- McMaster Children’s Hospital, Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton (905-521-2100 ext. 73132)
- Children’s Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre, London (519-685-8500 ext. 52192)
Read more about the POGO AfterCare Program
POGO AfterCare Education Days
These educational opportunities are for healthcare professionals working with pediatric cancer patients in community hospitals and cover all aspects of pediatric cancer care.
Learn more about POGO education events >