This novel video-based series for parents and caregivers helps improve understanding and confidence in the care of children newly diagnosed with cancer, after the first discharge from hospital.
The videos help to meet the unique needs of each family and support families to provide safe care for their children when at home.
- Concise, consistent information
- Case-based scenarios
- Proven to be understandable by parents
- Available online for viewing at any time
- High-quality production values
- English-language voice over and subtitles
Benefits for parents:
- Supports safe and supportive care for children at home
- Improves parents’ knowledge and confidence
- Minimizes parents’ distress
Benefits for nurses:
- Part of their toolkit of valuable resources to support structured and unstructured patient education
- Meets parental learning needs and improves the quality of education delivered
- Builds nursing satisfaction and pride with the positive outcomes related to improved patient and family education
Fever at Home
The production of these videos was made possible by a POGO seed grant. In the funded study, investigators sought to ask parents if they like and can easily learn information about how to care for their child with cancer from short videos that highlight key points, have visual cues and provide case examples.