Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario (POGO) is pleased to offer student bursaries to assist with the cost of attending the 2022 Multidisciplinary Symposium: Central Nervous System (CNS) Tumours – happening virtually on November 4-5.
The POGO Multidisciplinary Symposium on Childhood Cancer is POGO’s signature educational event, drawing faculty and attendees from across Canada and internationally. Healthcare professionals of all disciplines who attend will enhance their knowledge of pediatric cancer diagnosis, treatment, supportive care and survivorship through a series of plenary lectures, interactive workshops and virtual poster presentations.
Bursaries are available to: Medical Students; Medical Residents; Nursing Students and students in Allied Health disciplines and to students in other disciplines related to healthcare delivery.
The bursary will cover:
- Registration fee for the event (in-person)
- Accommodation(for non-GTA registrants) at the Sheraton Centre Hotel on Thursday, November 4 and Friday, November 4.
- Travel(for non-GTA registrants) to and from the conference (economy, ground transportation only)
The bursary will NOT cover:
- Air travel to and from the conference (with the exception of travel from Sudbury)
- Accommodation at another hotel
- Meals purchased at a time when conference meals were available
The successful candidate will be expected to attend all sessions and to submit a post-event summary (500 words) within seven days of the conference. This summary should highlight new information learned at the event, networking opportunities, new ideas for research, etc.
To Apply: Click here to complete the online application form. The application form will prompt you to attach the following three required items in a single document (Word or PDF format):
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A 200-word summary outlining your interest in the area of pediatric oncology
- A signed letter of endorsement on your school’s letterhead verifying your full-time program of study and including the name, signature and contact information for your Department Head/Supervisor/Registrar.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Students will be notified of the status of their application as well as the pre-approved amount of bursary funding available no later than Friday, October 7, 2022.
Contact: Claire Slaughter, POGO Program Assistant, Communications and Education firstname.lastname@example.org