Abstract Submission Deadline:
Thursday, September 30, 2021
Abstract Submission Criteria
Abstracts are encouraged in all areas related to care and control of malignant disease in children with cancer. Submissions may cover ANY dimension of childhood cancer care and control including research, innovative program delivery, data management, and education and policy development. All professional disciplines are encouraged to submit posters.
Abstract Submission Deadline
Abstracts must be submitted by Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 5:00 pm EST.
Submit an Abstract
All abstracts must be submitted online via this link: https://pogopediatric.wufoo.com/forms/z1tfbsjt0jcdzni/
- Abstracts must be submitted online by Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 5:00 pm EST.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by members of the 2021 POGO Symposium on Childhood Cancer Planning Committee.
- Authors will be notified about abstract acceptance by Monday, October 12, 2021.
Virtual Poster Lounge
POGO is presenting the 2021 POGO Symposium on Childhood Cancer virtually – and that includes posters!
Poster presenters at this year’s conference will have the opportunity to showcase their research in a virtual ‘poster lounge’, with the ability to:
- Share their screens to display a PowerPoint slide with their poster featured
- Meet face-to-face with conference attendees who visit the poster lounge to explain their research and answer questions during designated breaks
- Connect with conference attendees via live chat
The program has been designed to allow for ample poster viewing time:
Thursday, November 18th:
- 9:40 am – 10:10 am – Poster Break
- 12:40 pm – 1:10 pm – Poster Break
Friday, November 19th:
- 10:25 am – 10:55 am – Poster Break
- 11:55 am – 12:25 pm – Poster Break
Poster presenters must attend both days of the Symposium and represent their posters during the poster viewing breaks.
POGO will award $250.00 for one outstanding abstract/poster submitted by a Fellow/Trainee in each of the following categories:
- Clinical Medicine
- Medical Sciences
- Behavioural Discipline
Eight abstracts will be selected to present on the Symposium main stage; each presenter will have three minutes to summarize their poster in one PowerPoint slide (no animations or special effects will be allowed). These presentations will be pre-recorded the week before the Symposium. A multi-disciplinary selection committee will select the strongest abstracts to take part in this timed session. If you do not wish your abstract to be considered for oral presentation, you can indicate this at the time of submission.
For more information on submitting an abstract, please contact Clara Jordan, Manager, Education and Outreach at email@example.com.