3.5 Chemotherapy Administration Reference List
A subcommittee of the Guidelines review panel, including nurses from all of the tertiary and satellite hospitals was asked to identify the best references for the administration of chemotherapy to the pediatric population.
The following is a list of references identified and links provided where possible.
- Polovich, M, Olson, M, & LeFebre, K B. (2014) Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Guidelines and Recommendations for Practice (4th Ed.). ONS – Oncology Nursing Society. Pittsburgh PA.
- The Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses (APHON) http://www.aphon.org
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) http://www.ons.org/ and https://www.ons.org/practice-resources/clinical-practice/publications-help-guide-nurse-staffing-decisions-ambulatory
- Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) http://www.ona.org/
- British Columbia (BC) Cancer Agency http://bccancer.bc.ca/HPI/dfefault.htm
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) (safe handling) www.osha.gov
Primary authors Ms. Kirsty Morelli, Scarborough and Rouge Hospital, Scarborough, and Ms. Anne McArthur, Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital, Orillia. Reviewed by POGO Satellite Manual Review Nursing Group, 2016 and the POGO Satellite Manual Review Pharmacy Working Group, 2016.